Ever open the lid on your washer to throw clothes in and it smells musty and mildewy? Do yourself a favor, and leave the lid to the washer OPEN between uses to let it dry out. No more stinky washer -I promise! :)
If you want to start with a clean washer, follow the instructions I found for cleaning your washer on eHow:
1) Let the tub of your washing machine fill with water, leaving the lid up.
2) Add 2 cups of white vinegar to the washing machine.
3) Allow the washing machine to sit there with the water and vinegar in it for 1 hour.
4) Restart the washer (with mine I'd just have to close the lid) and let it go through a full wash and rinse cycle.
5) Once the cycle is done, open the washer, let it refill again with water and put in 2 cups of bleach.
6) Allow the washing machine to sit there with the water and bleach in it for 1 hour.
7) Restart the washer and let it go through a full wash and rinse cycle again.
If you're reading this on a feed reader or on Facebook, check out the blog homepage at Cleverhomemaking.blogspot.com.