Friday, October 3, 2008

"Green" Cleaning

This is probably not news-worthy information, but I thought I'd share something that I've recently started doing differently...

For as long as I've had a house to clean, I've used paper towels. This past week I had a pile of outgrown, worn-out clothes I'd been collecting. I cut them into rags and used them for cleaning instead of paper towels. I saved a few trees, and these rags just get tossed into the washer with everything else, clean and ready to use next time. I cut them with pinking shears so they won't fray at the edges. I got the idea because I clean an older lady's bathroom once a week for her, and she always provides me with similar rags for cleaning purposes. I think they actually work better since they don't leave a dusty aftermath on things like mirrors and glass. And I feel better not using disposable paper towels.

What other ideas do you have for a "green" household?

No comments:

Post a Comment