Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Good to the Very Last Drop!

Tubes are the WORST containers for not letting you get that last little bit out of them. I especially hate it when the item in the tube is fairly expensive and I want every last cent of product out of it before I toss it. A friend of mine shared the following trick with me... (It works best for lotions, creams, etc)

When you can't squeeze any more out of the tube, cut all the way through the middle so you have a top and a bottom of the tube. Use your finger to scrape the product off of the walls of the inside of the tube. Put the top over the bottom until you've gotten every last drop out of the darn thing. I once had a tube of facial cream last an extra WEEK by using this method. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. I thought I was the only one who was that "frugal"- good to know that others do this too!

    ReplyDelete