Thursday, December 18, 2008

Holiday Gift-Giving


I have a love and talent for baking. This year, I decided to put that love/talent to work making gifts for teachers, bus drivers, neighbors, friends, and family. The cost? Almost nothing (within my budget, for sure!). I made loaves of banana bread with a gorgeous holiday ribbon for Matt's boss and my in-laws. I made little bags with stacks of cookies (oatmeal and snickerdoodles) and mini candy canes for neighbors, friends, and teachers. I got the bags and ribbon from my MIL, who was cleaning out her Christmas boxes and had more stuff than she wanted to keep. The only thing I bought was the mini candy canes (and the flour, sugar, etc).

I'd tell you what I'm giving my brothers-in-law (who I got in the gift exchange) and my brother, but there's just the slightest chance they'll read this and I don't want to spoil their gift. It's bigger and better than banana bread - trust me! But it still comes from my oven... I'll add it to the bottom of this post after Christmas. :)

Do you have a talent you could share with others as a gift this holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment