Friday, February 20, 2009

100 Most Often Mispronounced Words & Phrases in the English Language

I found the most interesting article about the 100 Most Often Mispronounced Words and Phrases in the English Language. Because I'm such an English snob, I find myself cringing whenever someone uses something from the "Don't Say" column of this article. :) Not that I'm perfect -- I found a few surprises that I often make the mistake of saying, such as "heighth," "irregarless" and "mis'chievious," and "pronounciation." [My English snobbery has been knocked down a notch...]

Want the corrections? You'll have to check out the article...

Then there's the 100 Most Often Misspelled Words in English. I'm a really good speller, if I do say so myself, so don't even get me started on that one...

1 comment: