Those tubs of frozen cookie dough that you buy from your kids' school fundraiser are severely over-priced. Make your own frozen cookie dough anytime you want it!1. Make your favorite cookie dough.
2. Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon and dole out the cookies onto something that has a flat surface and will fit in your freezer. Wax-paper-lined cookie sheets or plastic cutting boards work great.
3. Place in freezer until cookie dough freezes.
4. Scrape off cookie dough balls with a spatula.
5. Place in a gallon size freezer bag or a plastic container of some sort.
6. Write the instructions (i.e. 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes) and what kind they are on the bag or on a tag attached to the container.
1. There is no need to defrost the dough before it goes into the oven, but it may take 1-2 minutes longer to cook. Just keep an eye on them.
2. If you have three kinds of cookies in the freezer you can put them on one cookie sheet, assuming they have similar baking instructions. Yummy variety.
3. Want just a couple of fresh, homemade cookies? Then only bake a couple. Portion control at its best!
6. Surprise company or going to visit a friend? Have a dozen hot cookies to share in ten minutes or less! Your popularity will sky-rocket! :)