Thursday, March 12, 2009

Baking Cookies Without an Oven!

I saw this tip on Rachael Ray, but I can't find it on her website, so I can't include the link... Anywho...

Preheat your pancake griddle to 350 degrees. Put your cookie dough on the griddle just like you would put it on your cookie sheet (2" apart or whatever). Let it cook for about five minutes, then use a spatula to turn it over for another five minutes. And you have cookies without having to use your oven!

This can save on energy and is a great idea for the summer time when you don't want to heat up your house by heating up the oven. I love it! Plus, you end up with two crispy sides on each cookie with a gooey center. Yum!

2 comments:

  1. So, do you have any good suggestions on where to store the extra pounds I'm gonna gain from following all the good cookie suggestions? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oven burner element died the first week of December, right as I was making a new cookie recipe. so I have been using my toaster oven. I don't have an electric griddle, so the toaster oven it be for me. LOL

    ReplyDelete