- Bacon lasts seven days in the fridge and one month in the freezer.
- An opened package of cold cuts lasts 3-5 days in the fridge and 1-2 months in the freezer.
- Hard-boiled eggs will last 7 days in the shell in the fridge.
- Don't use plastic of any kind directly on your cheese because this creates moisture (which causes cheese to mold faster). Wrap it in wax paper first then wrap it tightly in foil or put it in a plastic bag with all the air squeezed out.
- Do not wash lettuce leaves before storing them. Simply wrap them in paper towels, then put in a sealed plastic bag.
- Pack your freezer tight and it uses less energy.
- Not so much with your fridge. You need air to be able to move between items in your fridge in order to keep them cold, so do NOT pack your fridge tightly.
To see the entire segment, go to the article on the Good Morning America website. (The video segment in its entirety is also on the same page.) Enjoy!